Friday 6 November 2009



Magazine Content Page

I started by changing the format of the paper to a4. Then I clicked the text button to form a text box and wrote in the masthead: Contents, I changed the size of the masthead to make it bigger and stand out using the font Size tool on Photoshop. Then I rotated the masthead to match the Front cover masthead.

I then made another text box using the text tool and began writhing the editorial pillars for my school magazine. The first was the Main Cover Stories. I wanted to have a backdrop colour on the text, i duplicated the layer, and on the copy chose a different colour, i thought that i had better keep in trend with colours of my magazine, so i used the colour purple. I then used the arrow keys to move the backdrop colour text around the original layer of the black Text. Once i was happy with this I linked the layers together so that i can easily rearrange the text if i wanted to.

I realised having asked people what they thought that the backdrop colour was a little difficult to read and they thought that it should be a much clearer font, so I removed the backdrop colour and kept the colour i had which was light purple and made it bigger and underlined.
I did this for all the editorial pillars, on my contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment